news // 2011.04.12 08:14:44 [hh]
"Flash Builder 4.5": von Rich Internet Applications zu Mobile Apps
Im Rahmen seiner "Creative Suite 5.5" Vorstellung hat Adobe Systems auch eine neue Version seiner integrierten ActionScript-Programmierumgebung "Flash Builder" vorgestellt. Ähnlich wie schon bei "Java" heißt hier das Motto: "Develop once, deploy everywhere". Damit dürfte Flash mit portabler Anwendungsentwicklung für AIR ("Adobe Integrated Runtime") auf Mac und PC, "Blackberry", "Android" und "iOS" (ab Juni 2011) einen ganz neuen Bereich erschließen. Über spezielle Wizards können Apps für die jeweilige Plattform compiliert und signiert werden. Neu ist auch eine speziell für PHP-Entwickler optimierte Version von "Flash Builder". Screen2.0 bietet alle Informationen im Überblick.
"Flash Builder 4.5" im Überblick
Für das Editieren kamen in dem "Eclipse"-basierten Code Editor neue Features wie Quick Fixes für Methoden (etwa Getter/Setter-Funktionen oder Deklarationen) und Schnipsel (etwa für Kontrollkonstrukte) hinzu.
Mittels dem Austauschformat "FXG" können Designer und Entwickler gemeinsam an "Flash"-Projekten arbeiten. Vorlagen aus "PhotoshoP" udn "Illustrator" können mittels "Flash Catalyst 5.5" mit Interaktionen versehen werden, und in "Flash Builder 4.5" weiter bearbeitet und ausgebaut werden. "Roundtripping" erlaubt jetzt endlich auch wieder den Weg zurück zum Designer.
"Flash Builder 4.5" wird ab Anfang Mai zusammen mit dem zeitgleich angekündigten CS 5.5 erhältlich sein.
Die Fragen und Antworten von Adobe
What is Flash Builder 4.5?
Adobe Flash Builder 4.5 software is a professional-grade development tool for rapidly building expressive mobile, web, and desktop applications using Flex and the ActionScript language. It includes support for intelligent coding, interactive step-though debugging, and visual design of user interface layout.
What's new in Flash Builder 4.5?
Flash Builder 4.5 adds new support for mobile application development and testing, enabling the use of a common codebase to build apps for Android, iOS, and BlackBerry* (Flex support for additional platforms is planned for summer 2011), while sharing code from web applications. Additionally, significant tooling and performance improvements are included in Flash Builder 4.5 to accelerate development and testing while leading to higher quality applications. Finally, a new roundtrip workflow between Flash Builder and Adobe Flash Catalyst software has been added, allowing application developers and designers to work in parallel throughout project design and development. A majority of the features added in Flash Builder 4.5 will provide significant benefits to developers working with any version of the Flex framework, including Flex 3, Flex 4, and Flex 4.5. Upgrading to Flash Builder 4.5 does not mean you need to upgrade to Flex 4.5.
Also available is a new release of the open source Flex framework. Flex 4.5 adds the ability to build mobile applications using the Flex framework. Developers can now use the same Flex framework to build applications for web, mobile, and desktop, sharing common code across platforms and devices. This provides a significant time savings in cross-platform, cross-device application development. Also included in Flex 4.5 are new Spark components including Spark Datagrid, Form, and Image components, plus runtime shared library (RSL) and compiler performance improvements.
What are the new features in Flash Builder 4.5?
- Develop mobile and multiscreen applications:
- Mobile application development for multiple mobile platforms: Build standalone applications targeted at one or more mobile platforms using new mobile support for ActionScript and Flex projects. Both design and code view now support mobile development, leveraging new mobile-ready components for an optimal touchscreen user experience and on-device performance.
- Previewing, debugging, and profiling of mobile apps: Test mobile applications on the desktop using a mobile Adobe AIR runtime emulator, or test on a locally connected mobile device using a one-click process to package, deploy, and launch.
- Packaging and signing of mobile apps: Deploy, package, and sign required resources as a platform-specific installer file, for upload to a mobile application distribution site or store.
- Accelerate coding and testing of Flex and ActionScript projects:
- Code templates: Take advantage of best-practice code templates, or snippets, for ActionScript, MXML, and CSS. Use the content-assist functionality to review available templates and insert them into code. Create custom code templates and import or export templates for sharing within or across teams.
- Metadata code completion: Enhance the content-assist functionality with metadata code completion, which provides suggestions for both Flex SDK and custom metadata tags. ActionScript proposal cycling allows for easy viewing of grouped collections of templates, variables, functions, classes, and so on when using content assist.
- Code generation: Use Quick Assist/Fix for access to variable renaming, variable manipulation, generation of getter/setters, generation of event handlers, organization of imports, and much more. Use the override/implements feature to define methods from a superclass or interface.
- Customizable Flash Builder interface: Customize how Flash Builder generates MXML and ActionScript code, specify trigger keys to invoke content assist, specify keys to accept auto-complete suggestions, specify standalone Adobe Flash Player versions for launch and debug, and utilize external FlexUnit SWCs.
- Speed up development with an improved designer/developer workflow:
- Designer and developer project workflow: Work in parallel with designers using the new roundtrip workflow between Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5.5 software and Flash Builder 4.5. Use the compatibility checker to ensure that application code and project structure will allow a user interface to be created and edited using Flash Catalyst CS5.5.
- Creation of custom Spark components for designer skinning: Rapidly prototype user interface elements and build component business logic by creating custom Spark component classes. The skin components use Flash Catalyst to open the project and convert visual artwork to the required component parts.
- Design View improvements: Take advantage of improved performance, rendering improvements for complex projects, auto-collapse of data-binding expressions, warnings for incompatible SWCs, visual feedback for drag-and-drop operations, and more.
- Enjoy updated platform support and improved performance:
Will Flash Builder 4.5 work with existing Flex 3 or Flex 4 applications? Can I use the new features in Flash Builder 4.5 with earlier versions of Flex?
- Latest platform support: Benefit from new support for Eclipse 3.6 and for the standard Eclipse for Java distribution; the Cocoa version of Eclipse on Mac OS X; Flash Player 10.1, Adobe AIR 2.5, and Flex SDK 4.5, including the new Spark Datagrid, Form, and Image controls for web/desktop applications; plus runtime shared library (RSL) and compiler enhancements.
- Improved performance for large-application development: Speed up large Flex application development with a 65% reduction in the time required for refactoring operations on projects with a large number of dependent libraries, a 60% reduction in memory required to profile complex applications, and improved profiler responsiveness for complex applications.
Yes, you can take advantage of the majority of the great new features in Flash Builder 4.5 when writing and maintaining applications that were built using Flex 3 or Flex 4. As you begin to use the Spark component model, you can continue to use the MX components from previous generations of the Flex framework. Using Flash Builder 4.5, you will have the option to build applications using the Flex 3, 4, or 4.5 version of the framework.
What is the difference between Flash Builder, Flash Professional, and Flex?
What is the Spark component model?
- Flash Builder: Flash Builder is an Eclipse based productivity tool for Flex and ActionScript application developers. Flash Builder helps developers build, test, and optimize applications faster through features like intelligent coding, interactive step-through debugging, memory and performance profiling, and visual design of the user interface layout.
- Flash Professional: Flash Professional is a timeline-based productivity tool for creating animated SWF and FLV content, used by creative professionals to add interactivity to websites. Flash Professional contains an ActionScript editor for basic ActionScript editing; however, for advanced ActionScript editing, most ActionScript developers use Flash Builder. Custom Flex components can be created using Flash Professional and imported into Flash Builder.
- Flex framework: Flex is the underlying open source framework used to create applications. The Flex framework provides the declarative languages, application services, components, and data connectivity developers need to rapidly build rich Internet applications (RIAs) for the browser or desktop. You can extend and enhance Flex to suit your own needs and you can contribute to the evolution of Flex through the Open Source Flex SDK project. Flex applications can be built using only the Flex framework; however, most developers use Flash Builder to accelerate development of apps.
Spark is a new Flex component model that provides complete separation between appearance and functionality, enabling them to be changed independently without affecting each other. This new skinning and component architecture builds on top of the existing MX architecture, providing a much more efficient mechanism for developers and designers to work together to control the appearance of their Flex applications. Spark currently includes about 40 components and primitives, forming the foundation of next-generation components. Spark also enables projects to be shared by designers and developers using Flash Catalyst and Flash Builder.
Which mobile platforms are supported in Flash Builder 4.5?
Can I run the same application on web, mobile, and desktop?
- Android applications: Using the new mobile development workflows included in Flash Builder 4.5, expected to ship in May 2011, developers will be able to build and deploy mobile Flex and ActionScript applications for Android devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- iOS applications: Using the new mobile development workflows included in Flash Builder 4.5, developers will initially be able to build and deploy mobile ActionScript applications for iOS. Flex application development is planned to be supported in the summer of 2011 through a minor update to the Flex framework and Flash Builder. Developers will be able to recompile Flex application code built for the Android platform and package for deployment on iOS.
- BlackBerry Tablet OS applications: Using Flash Builder 4.5, developers will initially be able to build and deploy mobile ActionScript applications for BlackBerry Tablet OS. The initial release of the BlackBerry PlayBook supports Flex applications built for the AIR 2.5 runtime environment. Tooling for AIR 2.5 was available in the Flash Builder 4.0.1 and Flash Builder “Burrito” preview release products. Flash Builder 4.5 now requires AIR 2.6 for mobile applications. RIM plans to deliver an over-the-air update for AIR 2.6 later in 2011, allowing developers to then use Flash Builder 4.5 for PlayBook application development. This means that developers will be able to recompile applications built for Android at that time for deployment to the BlackBerry PlayBook.
Because each platform and device type has different capabilities, screen size, and resolution, modifications will be required to support individual platforms. Using a common code library, you can make the necessary changes to your code, enabling approximately 70% of your code to be reused across application platforms and devices. Flash Builder 4.5 helps you port your applications across platforms by providing a detailed understanding of each platform's capabilities.
Can developers build Flex apps using only the open source Flex framework?
Yes, developers can use the Flex framework to develop applications without buying a tool from Adobe; however, they will be most productive when using the Flex framework with Flash Builder as there are many productivity features that speed up development, testing, and troubleshooting.
Why did Adobe change the name of Flex Builder to Flash Builder?
We changed the name of Flex Builder to reflect the expanded role that it plays in developing mobile, web, and desktop applications for the Flash Platform. While Flex developers will use Flash Builder to build and test Flex applications, ActionScript developers will use Flash Builder to write, edit, and test ActionScript in the creation of interactive content and applications for mobile devices. The Flex framework is also expanding its role in the Flash Platform, now providing the underlying framework for both Flash Catalyst and Flash Builder. Using Flash Builder, developers can code in ActionScript as well as MXML, so this name change more accurately reflects the tool's language options.
At the same time, we have renamed our Professional Edition so it is now Flash Builder 4.5 Premium Edition. We made the change to Premium so people would not get confused between Flash Professional and Flash Builder Professional.
How do I explain the value of Flex and Flash Builder to an IT manager, an LOB manager, or a CIO?
What are the editions of Flash Builder 4.5?
- The Flash Platform enables organizations to create more intuitive and engaging web applications for customers, partners, and employees, helping them better understand and use data and information to support key business activities, leading to increased levels of productivity, satisfaction, and effectiveness.
- Flex can be used to add incremental richness by embedding micro-applications or components within existing websites, or revolutionize your entire web experience with immersive, single-screen applications, all with a single investment.
- Flex applications leverage the Flash Platform runtimes, including Adobe Flash Player and Adobe AIR, already installed on more than 98% of all Internet-connected desktops.
- The Flash Platform is the leading RIA development platform, with a seven-year proven history of use in companies around the world. The world's leading software companies use Flex in their own products, demonstrating best-of-breed technology.
Why use Flash Builder Premium Edition over Flash Builder Standard Edition?
- Adobe Flash Builder 4.5 Standard Edition: This is a professional-grade development tool designed to help software developers rapidly build cross-platform RIAs and content using the open source Flex framework. Access web services, REST APIs, and other data sources.
- Adobe Flash Builder 4.5 Premium Edition: This edition has all the great features that Standard offers plus professional testing tools, including profilers, network monitoring, unit testing support, and command-line build, and includes a free license for Adobe ColdFusion Builder software.
- Adobe Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP Standard Edition: The PHP Standard Edition includes all the great features from Flash Builder 4.5 Standard Edition plus an integrated copy of Zend Studio 8, a professional-grade PHP IDE, providing an optimized Flex/PHP development experience.
- Adobe Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP Premium Edition: The PHP Premium Edition includes all the great features from Flash Builder 4.5 Premium Edition plus an integrated copy of Zend Studio 8, along with professional testing tools, including profilers, network monitoring, unit testing support, and command-line build.
Flash Builder 4.5 Premium adds professional testing tools, including profilers, network monitoring, an automated testing framework, integration with Flex unit testing, and command-line build support, plus includes a license for ColdFusion Builder.
How much does Flash Builder cost?
- Powerful testing tools
- Accelerate application performance using memory and performance profilers that monitor and analyze memory consumption and CPU cycles.
- Take advantage of automated functional testing tools such as HP QuickTest Professional (formerly Mercury QuickTest Professional).
- Get new support for the open source FlexUnit project.
- Network Monitor:Generate a detailed audit trail of all data passed between the local Flex application and the back end, assisting with debugging and performance tuning.
- Command-line build: A new command-line build capability supports automated build processes.
- ColdFusion Builder:ColdFusion Builder is an Eclipse based IDE for ColdFusion application developers. It provides deep integration with Flash Builder, enabling rapid development of expressive web applications using Flex and Adobe ColdFusion software.
- Flash Builder 4.5
- Flash Builder 4.5 Standard Edition: US$249/US$99 full/upgrade; €199/€79; ¥30000/¥15000.
- Flash Builder 4.5 Premium Edition: US$699/US$299 full/upgrade; €549/€239; ¥85000/¥35000.
- Flash Builder 4.5 Standard Edition is free for educational institutions, including students, faculty, and administrators.
- Flash Builder 4.5 Premium Edition for education: US$299 for full units; €239; ¥35000.
- Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
- Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP Standard Edition: US$399/US$299 full/upgrade; €319/€239; ¥50000/¥40000.
- Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP Premium Edition: US$799/US$599 full/upgrade; €5629/€479; ¥100000/¥75000.
- Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP Standard Edition is free for educational institutions, including students, faculty, and administrators.
- Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP Premium Edition for education: US$399 for full units; €219; ¥50000.
- Flex 4.5
The Flex 4.5 framework is a free, open source framework of components. The framework is included when you buy Flash Builder 4.5, or you can download it for free from Adobe.com.
Who is eligible for Free-of-Charge (FOC) units of Flash Builder 4.5?
Customers who have a valid Upgrade Plan or who own Platinum Maintenance will receive an FOC product.
Is Flash Builder still free for education?
Yes, Flash Builder 4.5 Standard Edition is still free for education. Education users who want Flash Builder 4.5 Premium Edition can now purchase it for US$299/€299/¥35000. Education customers who already have a free copy of Flex Builder 3 or Flash Builder 4 Standard for education can request a free copy of Flash Builder 4.5.
Where can I purchase Flash Builder 4.5?
Flash Builder 4.5 will be available for purchase online from the Adobe Store, directly from Adobe Sales, and through partners and resellers. Flash Builder 4.5 is also available for volume licensing from Adobe's TLP, CLP, and FLP price lists.
Is Flash Builder 4.5 available as a trial?
Yes, Adobe provides a 60-day trial period for Flash Builder 4.5 during which the Premium Edition features are available for free. After 60 days from installation, the product will stop working. In special cases, people will have the ability to extend the trial by contacting Adobe Customer Service.
What support and upgrade options are available for Flash Builder 4.5?
Adobe Enterprise Developer Program (AEDP) — Flex and Flash Builer support are available through this subscription-based program, which includes unlimited email-based support.
Gold support is available through licensing and FLP, providing 24x7 support.
Platinum support includes both 24x7 support and an Upgrade Plan.
Upgrade Plan and Platinum support are available through all channels.
Flash Builder and Flash Catalyst: How are they related and what is the value of using them together? Adobe Flash Catalyst is an interaction design–focused tool with these benefits:
When used together, Flash Catalyst and Flash Builder allow designers and developers to work collaboratively. Projects can be started in either Flash Catalyst or Flash Builder.
- Use the power of the Flash Platform to create interactive projects: Rapidly create expressive interfaces and interactive content to your exacting design standards. Deliver your creative vision with the reach and consistency of the Flash Platform.
- Approach interaction design without writing code: Transform static Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or Fireworks designs into fully interactive projects without any development or coding skills. Define behaviors and control sophisticated interactions with simple yet powerful menu-based commands.
- Speed up the design and development process: Use familiar design applications to easily create and edit artwork. Developers can open Flash Catalyst projects directly in Flash Builder, preserving design.
Flash Builder and ColdFusion Builder: How are they related and what is the value of using them together?
ColdFusion Builder is an Eclipse based IDE for ColdFusion development that is deeply integrated with Flash Builder 4.5. It allows developers to manage their entire development cycle from concept to production all in one easy-to-use tool. While Flash Builder is focused on the development of the user interface of an application, it can be used with ColdFusion Builder to code the server-side logic and build an application from client to server with integrated workflow between the two tools. This integrated workflow is available using either the Standard or Premium edition of Flash Builder. Flash Builder 4.5 Premium Edition includes a free copy of ColdFusion Builder. If you purchase ColdFusion Builder separately, it will include a free copy of Flash Builder Standard Edition.
What is the difference between Flash Builder and Flash Professional?
Flash Professional is an authoring tool for designers and developers who want to create immersive experiences and video content across the multiscreen environment. It is used by software developers, but not as a core development tool.
Flash Builder is a development tool used by software developers to rapidly build cross-platform applications using the Flex framework, and is also used by interactive content developers to create interactive content using ActionScript.
Does Flash Builder 4.5 support AIR 2.6?
Flash Builder 4.5 ships with full support for AIR 2.6.
Weitere Informationen: www.adobe.com/ products/ flash-builder.html